Garth Gratrix Shy Girl
18 January – 8 March 2020
Shy Girl is a new solo presentation by Blackpool-based artist Garth Gratrix. Of his work, Gratrix says, he makes sculptural installations that embed Queer culture and its references within the process of making art in a given or used space. For Grundy Art Gallery, Gratrix will combine his core interests in minimalism, sculpture, installation and architecture, alongside experimenting with the language of colour, culminating in his first major solo exhibition in the North West.
The exhibition is also accompanied by a series of performance collaborations supported by a National Lottery Project Grant from Arts Council England. Born in Blackpool, Gratrix is the founding director of Abingdon Studios Ltd in Blackpool and is the grandson of Blackpool Football Club’s Roy Gratrix (active 1953-1964).
- Opening times Tuesday to Saturday 10 am to 5.00 pm; closed Sundays and Mondays; Bank Holidays, 11am – 4pm.
- Location Grundy Art Gallery, Queen Street, Blackpool FY1 1PX
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 01253 478170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org