21 October – 23 December 2017
Light Lab is a new exhibition of artists’ work developed as part of the Light Lab*; a residential seminar programme delivered by the Light Up the North network (LUTN)**.
Light Lab ran in Blackpool between March and June 2017 and provided opportunity for seven light artists, nominated by LUTN members, to develop new light based artworks in response to a creative brief.
This exhibition, which coincides with Blackpool’s annual Illuminations and the 2017 LightPool Festival (25 – 27 October), provides a snapshot of Light Lab’s activity as artists present a series of research outcomes, working drawings and mock-ups in the Grundy’s Rotunda Gallery.
The seven participating artists are: Aether + Hemera (Gloria Ronchi and Claudio Benghi); Mick Stephenson; Debi Keable; Fixed Grinn Collective (Tom Skinn and Rob Harrington); Chris Paul Daniels; Dave Lynch and David Ogle.
* The Lab was facilitated by Blackpool Illuminations’ Creative Lead Alex Rinsler, with input from LUTN producers, visiting industry specialists and cultural influencers in Blackpool. Light Lab was supported with public funding from Arts Council England through Grants for the Arts.
** Light Up the North network (LUTN) is a consortium of seven light art festivals – Blackpool Illuminations/LightPool, Lightwaves (Salford), Enchanted Parks (Gateshead), Illuminating York, Lumière (Durham), Light Up Lancaster and Leeds Light Night. LUTN is supported by Arts Council England.
Caption: David Ogle, Laser Trees (sketch) (2016). Courtesy the Artist.
- Opening times Tuesday to Saturday 10 am to 5.00 pm; closed Sundays and Mondays; Bank Holidays, 11am – 4pm.
- Location Grundy Art Gallery, Queen Street, Blackpool FY1 1PX.
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 01253 478170
- Email: email@example.com