Black Memories Matter
7 October 2020- 31 December 2023
A collaborative project between Tullie House Museum, Carlisle Library and Archives service and M-Unit to address the lack of diversity within Cumbria’s collections.
Tullie House says that it wants to create meaningful change in relation to its commitment to diverse representation. Its collections don’t accurately represent the level of cultural diversity seen in Cumbria today and it wants to change this. The Museum’s first step is the launch of a new, active collections campaign, which focuses on crowd sourcing stories, objects and memories belonging to people with black heritage in Cumbria.
The Museum is inviting members of the public to share memories and objects to expand Cumbria’s Black history collections.
- Restricted opening times Monday – closed; Tuesday – Saturday 10.00 am – 5.00 pm; Sunday closed
- Location: Tullie House, Carlisle
- Cost: Members from £25 (free annual admission to galleries and exhibitions, plus other benefits); Adult £10 (lasts for 12 months); Children up to 17 years – free
- Directions The gallery is close to the town centre and is within walking distance of the rail station and bus route
- Contact: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery, Castle Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8TP. Tel: 01228 618718; email: email@example.com