Percy Kelly : A Legacy
3 November 2018 – 24 February 2019
Tullie House is celebrating the 100th birthday of Cumbrian artist Percy Kelly (1918-1993) with a new exhibition of Kelly’s works, made possible by the generous bequests and gifts to the Percy Kelly Collection at Tullie House.
Following last year’s immensely popular Percy Kelly, Line of Beauty retrospective exhibition ‘A Legacy’ is displayed in the very room in which Kelly would once have attended life drawing classes as a student at Carlisle College of Art.
The exhibition features works recently gifted to Tullie House by benefactors and includes preparatory sketches and final works not before seen on public display.
Event Saturday 19 January 2019, 2pm
Join Percy Kelly expert Chris Wadsworth for a fascinating illustrated talk exploring Percy Kelly’s life, work and legacy.
- Open: Monday – Saturday 10.00 am – 5.00 pm; Sunday 11.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Location: Tullie House, Carlisle
- Cost: Children under 18 – Free; Adult Annual Ticket – £10.00; Adult Day Visit – £6.50; Group Rate (10+) – £5.00 per person; Student Group Rate (10+) – £4.50 per student. Includes admission to all exhibitions
- Directions The gallery is close to the town centre and is within walking distance of the rail station and bus route
- Contact: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery, Castle Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8TP. Tel: 01228 618718; email: firstname.lastname@example.org