Percy Kelly – Line Of Beauty: A Retrospective
23 September 2017 – 28 January 2018
This major retrospective celebrates the extraordinary talent of Cumbrian artist Percy Kelly (1918-1993). For the first time Kelly’s entire artistic output is brought together in a rich display of over 100 works, many of which have not been exhibited before. Spanning over 65 years from 1928 aged 9 up to his death aged 74 in 1993.
The exhibition charts every facet of Kelly’s artistic career. His love of the Cumbrian lakes, fells, coast, villages and industry captured in expressive charcoal and luminous watercolour. Dramatic linear panoramas, small intimate compositions, bold prints, exquisite calligraphy, beautifully illustrated prolific letters and sensitive flower studies. All on show in this unmissable tribute to one of Cumbria’s best-loved artists.
The exhibition is specially curated by Chris Wadsworth, leading expert on the life and work of Percy Kelly.
- Open: Monday – Saturday 10.00 am – 5.00 pm; Sunday 11.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Location: Tullie House, Carlisle
- Cost: Adults – £7.70; Concessions (senior citizens, students over 18 years) – £5.50; Exhibition Only – Adult/Concession/Group – £3.30; General Admission (Adult) + Exhibition – £9.90; General Admission (concession) + Exhibition – £8.80; Children 18 and under, when accompanied by a paying adult – FREE (unaccompanied children 12-18 years – 50p)
Price includes voluntary gift aid donation
- Directions The gallery is close to the town centre and is within walking distance of the rail station and bus route
- Contact: Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery, Castle Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8TP. Tel: 01228 618718; email: firstname.lastname@example.org