John Atkinson Grimshaw – In the Golden Mists of Autumn
10 October 2020 – 14 March 2021
Blackwell reopens with an exciting programme beginning with the display of a brand-new acquisition from renowned landscape artist, John Atkinson Grimshaw.
In the Golden Mists of Autumn, extends upon a growing theme within the Lakeland Arts collection of the effects of climate change captured in art. Grimshaw’s work will be displayed alongside works by J M W Turner, John Ruskin, plus recently acquired work by Emma Stibbon, and will explore the important role that art can play in documenting the ever-changing world around us.
- Re-opening 10 October 2020. Booking is recommended. Opening times: 10.30 am – 5.00 pm.
- Adults: £9.00 / £9.90 (with Gift Aid); Friends, Patrons & Benefactors FREE; Family (one adult & up to three children): £15.50 / £17.05 (with Gift Aid); Family (two adults & up to three children): £24.00 / £26.95 (with Gift Aid); Students: 7.00 / £7.70 (with Gift Aid); Children <15 £4.50 / £4.95 (with Gift Aid); Children < 4 Free; National Art Pass 50% discount
- Location Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria LA23 3J
- Getting there by car From the south: Exit the M6 at junction 36 and follow signs for the South Lakes and Windermere. At the roundabout take the ﬁrst left following signs for Crook and Bowness-on-Windermere on the B5284. After 6 miles arrive at a T-junction, turn left on to the A5074 (Lyth Valley Road). Turn right where the road forks onto the B5360. Follow the drive to Blackwell’s car park. From the north: Exit the M6 at junction 40 and follow signs for Keswick (A66) and Windermere (A591) via Grasmere and Ambleside. Once in Windermere follow signs for Bowness-on-Windermere. Once in Bowness-on-Windermere follow the road to Blackwell which is situated just off the A5074 (Lyth Valley Road) and turn right where the road forks onto the B5360. Follow the drive to Blackwell’s car park. By train: Oxenholme is the nearest main-line railway station, a connecting train will bring you into Windermere (three miles from Blackwell). Buses run to Bowness-on-Windermere, 1½ miles north of Blackwell. Alternatively taxis are available from Windermere Station to Blackwell
- For more information please call 015394 46139