Quentin Blake and John Yeoman: 50 Years of Children’s Books
19 October 2018 – 3 March 2019
Celebrating a unique, artistic partnership between illustrator Quentin Blake and children’s author John Yeoman, this exhibition showcases more than 40 Quentin Blake works, including the beautiful illustrations featured in Yeoman’s magical storybooks.
Quentin first asked Yeoman to write a book for him to illustrate in 1960. The result – A Drink of Water – sparked a relationship that has lasted for more than half a century, delivering almost 50 projects in that time. The original drawings from their most recent project All The Year Round, and a further 10 projects Blake and Yeoman have worked on together – from picture books and short novels for children to adaptations of classic folk tales – will also feature in the exhibition.
Quentin Blake and John Yeoman: 50 Years of Children’s Books was created by House of Illustration, the UK’s only public gallery dedicated to illustration and graphic art.
Caption: Washerwomen by Quentin Blake
- Opening times Monday to Sunday 10 am to 5.00 pm; closed 24, 26, 26, 31 December and 1 January
- This is a free exhibition
- Location Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight Village, Wirral CH62 5EQ
- Getting there: By Car: if you are travelling from Liverpool, use the Birkenhead (Queensway) tunnel. From elsewhere, leave the M53 at junction 4 and follow the signs for Port Sunlight village; By Bus: 464 bus to Bebington Road (from Sir Thomas St in Liverpool)
- 38 bus to Bebington rail station (runs between Clatterbridge Hospital and West Kirby station)
- For more information please call 0151 478 4136