Sudley House Collections
Originally a Victorian merchant’s residents, today Sudley House is one of the few period homes decorated in a Victorian style that still has many of its original features. It is also the only surviving Victorian merchant art collection in Britain still hanging in its original location.
Sudley houses paintings by Turner, Rossetti, Holman Hunt and many other great artists. A list of all artists is available here.
The costume room at Sudley House has regularly changing temporary exhibitions – please see separate posts.
- Sudley House, Mossley Hill Road, Mossley Hill, Liverpool L18 8BX
- Access by car: The drive to Sudley House from Liverpool city centre takes approximately 20 mins. Follow ‘Wapping’ (A5036) – the road that runs alongside the river – out of the city
- By train: Mossley Hill station – get here from Liverpool city centre by boarding a train at Lime Street Station. Aigburth station – Northern line services (Southport – Hunts Cross)
- By bus: 61 bus to Elmswood Road; 82 bus to Aigburth Road; 80 or 80A bus to Rose Lane
- Opening hours 10 am -5pm daily
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0151 478 4016