Extended until 27 September 2020
Ideas Depot is a new display that has been co-curated with primary school teachers across the city. Discover major works from the Tate collection by artists including Anya Gallaccio, Salvador Dalí and Donald Rodney Central to this display is a belief that art plays a meaningful part in people’s day-to-day lives and intellectual curiosity.
Through art we can always learn something new – about history, the world and our place in it. Works will be swapped in and out as the primary schools in residence pick and choose new ones from the art stores.
The display has developed alongside a joint research project with Edge Hill University’s Faculty of Education, focused on developing a ‘schools in residence’ programme.
- Opening times Monday to Sunday 10 am to 5.30 pm
- This is a free exhibition
- Location Tate Liverpool, Albert Dock, Liverpool L3 4BB
- Getting there: By train – The nearest station is James Street station, Liverpool L27PQ (720 metres approx.) – mainline rail tickets to Liverpool Lime Street station are valid for travel to James Street Station; By bus – Liverpool ONE Bus Station on Canning Street is directly opposite the Albert Dock, approximately 365 metres from Tate Liverpool. Route C4 also stops at the Albert Dock; By car – follow the brown signs to the Waterfront – the Q-Park Liverpool ONE in Strand Street is close by; By ferry – Mersey Ferries from Seacombe and Woodside on the Wirral call at the Pier Head (960 metres approx.)
- For more information please call 0151 702 7400