Past Present Future: Celebrating Craft
Opens spring 2021
The Walker Art Gallery celebrates 50 years of craft collecting with a series of new displays that showcase the work by established and emerging makers in the North West who present their work on the international stage. Past Present Future: Celebrating Craft, draws on the gallery’s outstanding collections of late-twentieth-century craft.
The exhibition includes studio ceramics, glass, metalwork and furniture, and demonstrates how makers combine the traditional skills of the past with ideas for the future.
The artists featured in Past Present Future: Celebrating Craft are Ruth Ball (whose work will join the exhibition from June), Julia Carter Preston, Halima Cassell, Jacob Chan, Claire Curneen, David Frith, Margaret Frith, Hugh Miller, Attila Olah, Emma Rodgers and Paul Scott.
The exhibition is shown in a series of displays in the Walker’s Craft and Design Gallery, as well as in Rooms 5 and 11 when the Gallery reopens in spring 2021 (date to be confirmed).
Past Present Future: Celebrating Craft is supported by the Art Fund’s Professional Network Grant and is presented in partnership with the Williamson Art Gallery and the Bluecoat Display Centre.
A range of work by the makers featured is on sale at the Bluecoat Display Centre, College Lane, Liverpool.
- Opening times: Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 am – 6.00 pm
- Entry is free; there is a charge for some exhibitions
- Location Walker Art Gallery, William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 8EL
- How to get there By train: Liverpool Lime Street – Wirral and national services, Moorfields station – Northern line services (Southport – Hunts Cross), Liverpool Central – Wirral and Northern line services; By car: the Walker is in the city centre, close to the entrance to the Queensway Tunnel and Lime Street Station – follow the directions to Liverpool Lime St station where there is a car park just opposite the Walker Art Gallery in William Brown Street; By bus: nearest bus stations are Queens Square bus station and Liverpool One bus station
- Further information 0151 478 4199