Walker Art Gallery Collections
The Walker has re-opened Wednesday to Sunday, 10.00 am – 5.00 pm. Booking is essential.
The Walker Art Gallery is home to renaissance masterpieces, Tudor portraits and one of the best collections of Victorian and Pre-Raphaelite art in the country. The gallery also has an outstanding display of contemporary art including work by David Hockney, Lucian Freud and Bridget Riley.
You can discover more about the various collections by clicking on the following links:
- Victorian Treasures
- The Pre-Raphaelites
- Highlights of the Gallery
- Fashion Icons
- Pride & Prejudice – LGBT + Research Project
The Walker also offers multiple exhibitions – please see separate posts.
Caption: The Two Mothers, Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Wikimedia Commons
- Location Walker Art Gallery, William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 8EL
- How to get there By train: Liverpool Lime Street – Wirral and national services, Moorfields station – Northern line services (Southport – Hunts Cross), Liverpool Central – Wirral and Northern line services; By car: the Walker is in the city centre, close to the entrance to the Queensway Tunnel and Lime Street Station – follow the directions to Liverpool Lime St station where there is a car park just opposite the Walker Art Gallery in William Brown Street; By bus: nearest bus stations are Queens Square bus station and Liverpool One bus station
- Opening hours 10 am – 5 pm daily, e except on 24, 25, 26 and 31 December and 1 January, when they are closed all day.
- Further information 0151 478 4199