23 February 2018 – 7 October 2018
Since graduating just four years ago, Kate Haywood has emerged as one of the UK’s most distinctive and imaginative new ceramicists, showing at leading venues in the UK and abroad. She makes intriguing, surreal sculptures in finely modelled porcelain with colourful textiles, glass and metallic elements. Frequently inspired by found objects from long ago and far away, Haywood’s works are designed to engage our imagination and senses.
Visit Kate’s website.
- Opening times Tuesday to Sunday 10 am to 5.00 pm
- Location Manchester Art Gallery, Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3JL
- How to get there: By Metrolink – St Peter’s Square or Market Street stations are the nearest Metrolink stations-both are on the Altrincham and Eccles lines; By Bus – Nearest bus stops are in Piccadilly Gardens or on Princess Street; By Train – to Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road or Manchester Victoria stations – take the Metrolink from Victoria or Piccadilly (Altrincham or Eccles direction) to Market Street or St Peter’s Square; By Car – parking is available at the NCP car parks on Chepstow Street, Faulkner Street or Sackville Street – all are within five minutes of the gallery
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0161 235 8888