What’s in Store? University of Salford Art Collection
20 May 2017 – 19 November 2017
To mark the University of Salford’s 50th anniversary, this exhibition launches their art collection to the public. A unique chance to see rarely shown works by artists including L.S. Lowry, Adolphe Valette, Liam Spencer, Cao Fei and Mishka Henner. These highlights are brought together to tell the story of the University of Salford’s art collections.
There are a number of events programmed including lunch time introductory tours by members of the University of Salford’s Art Collection Team, entertaining evening sessions run by Danny Morrell focusing on specific areas of the exhibition, artist talks and screenings of related works. There will also be a self-led family friendly activity in the exhibition over the summer.
- Lunchtime Tour of What’s in Store – Various dates
- Artist Talk by Rachel Maclean – Wednesday 25 October
- Screening: ‘Haze and Fog’ by Cao Fei – Thursday 16 November
Caption: © Patrick Hughes, Wet Rainbow (1979), Screenprint, Courtesy Patrick Hughes and Flowers Gallery, London and New York, Artwork Photography by Museum Photography North West
- Opening hours Monday – Friday 10.00am – 4.45pm. Saturdays and Sundays 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Location: Peel Park, The Crescent, Salford M5 4WU
- The museum is located next to Salford University and is approximately a 20 minute walk from central Manchester, via Chapel Street to the crescent
- Contact tel 0161 745 9490
- Admission free