Days Like These – An Exhibition
Saturdays & Sundays 22 May – 29 August 2021
Days Like These is a new exhibition which shares the stories of Salford in 2020, using paintings, photographs, films and poetry contributed by some of the 245,000 residents of the city – from empty Salford streets and the joy of reuniting, to the impact on frontline workers and the challenges of being alone. The exhibition wants to reflect the hopes and fears of everyone, then and now, and after you have seen the exhibition, we hope you contribute too.
Alongside is a new display of the best of Salford’s own LS Lowry – an artist known for his paintings of crowded city streets, and vast empty landscapes.
The exhibition forms part of the Spirit of Salford initiative – a scheme designed to celebrate the unique personality and pioneering spirit of Salford.
- Opening times: from 22 May, the Galleries will be open each weekend from 11.00 am – 4.00 pm. Booking is essential
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000