18 November 2017 – 25 February 2018
humansbeingdigital draws on an international selection of artworks that bring us to the touch-point between human beings and being digital. Please note: This exhibition includes some adult content.
Engaging with art can be an emotional experience – performance, sculpture, painting or music can all touch us beyond words – yet technology is often considered mechanical, cold or inhuman. So how can artists show new perspectives on life, emotion and relationships by using digital technologies to connect human beings and digital?
This exhibition of nine international artists allows you to experience a range of emotional and physical reactions to artwork that explore the links between humans, machines and technology – both now and in the future.
The nine artists are:
- U_Joo and Limhee Young
- Max Dovey
- Thom Kubli
- Nye Thompson
- Thomson and Craighead
- Mary Maggic, Mango Chijo Tree and The Jayder
- Pascal Haudressy
- Libby Heaney
- Felix Luque Sanchez
Caption: Backdoored by Nye Thompson
- Opening times Sunday to Friday 11 am to 5.00 pm; Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000