Jock McFadyen Goes to the Lowry: An exhibition 45 years in the making
16 October 2021 – 27 February 2022
Scottish artist, Jock McFadyen, displays key work from throughout his life here at The Lowry Galleries, home to one of his artistic influences, LS Lowry.
Bringing together a range of works spanning 45 years, the exhibition highlights McFadyen’s passion for painting the overlooked margins of the modern city and its inhabitants as well as huge panoramic views of the natural world. The artist’s obsession however is always with the qualities of the painted surface, as is the case with LS Lowry.
In homage, McFadyen has also placed a number of works from The Lowry Collection next to his own pictures, prompting surprising visual connections and placing Lowry alongside contemporary urban landscapes.
- Tuesday-Friday 11.00 am-5.00 pm; Saturday-Sunday 10.00 am-5.00 pm. Closed Monday, except bank holidays. (Excludes Christmas Day)
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000