Life – A photographic exhibition by Zoë Law
11 May – 9 June 2019
Maggie’s provides free practical and emotional support to people with cancer and their family and friends.
Photographer Zoë Law spent a year inviting people living with cancer to her studio to take part in photoshoots with their family and friends. All of those who took part have been supported by Maggie’s across the UK through their different cancer experiences.
“I called the project Life because the sense that came from the photographs was that cancer does not make you look at death but at the life you are living” Zoë Law.
Find out more about Zoë Law by visiting her website.
Pop-up Maggie’s Centre
Alongside these intimate portraits and stories of people who have found life-changing cancer support at Maggie’s, you’ll also find a special ‘pop-up’ Maggie’s centre, which has been built to give you an idea of how it feels to visit one. Of course, we can’t get it exactly the same, as every Maggie’s centre is so unique, but it’s light and bright and has a big kitchen table at its heart, just like a real Maggie’s. It really matters to us that our spaces are warm and welcoming, that you can see and meet other people in the same boat as you. Around the sides of the pop up you’ll see pictures of Maggie’s interiors so you can how people are welcomed inside. We hope you enjoy having look around our ‘pop-up’ Maggie’s, and that you’ll come and visit one of our centres some time. You’re always welcome.
- Opening times Sunday to Friday 11 am to 5.00 pm; Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000