The Lowry Gallery: Collections
The Lowry houses the largest public collection of paintings and drawings by LS Lowry in the world. There are over 400 works in the collection, 57 of which are oil paintings. Alongside the works of art is an archive containing thousands of items ranging from photographs to press cuttings and exhibition catalogues. Both the collection and archive were formed by Salford Museum & Art Gallery and transferred to The Lowry in 2000. A selection of highlights from the Collection can always be seen on display in the Gallery’s permanent Lowry Favourites exhibition alongside works on loan from important private collections throughout the UK.
Free Talks – Gallery interpreters lead free tours of the LS Lowry exhibition every day at 12pm and 2pm. They discuss his life and work and highlight new works that have joined the display.Tours last approximately 30 mins.
The Lowry also hosts temporary exhibitions. Please see separate posts.
- Opening times: from 22 May, the Galleries will be open each weekend from 11.00 am – 4.00 pm. Booking is essential
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000