Personal Feeling Is the Main Thing – Chantal Joffe
19 May – 2 September 2018
As part of The Lowry’s second Week 53 Festival, Chantal Joffe’s fearless paintings confront the physicality of the human body and the complexities of human emotions in a remarkable combination of detachment, humour and intimacy.
Regarded as one of the most distinctive and uncompromising figurative artists working today, Chantal Joffe’s fearless paintings of women and girls often share glimpses of her own relationship with her daughter, while exploring transitions into adolescence and motherhood. They confront the physicality of the human body and the complexities of human emotions in a remarkable combination of detachment, humour and intimacy.
- Opening times Sunday to Friday 11 am to 5.00 pm; Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
- Location The Lowry, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AZ
- Getting there: By Metrolink – via the Eccles and MediaCityUK lines; By Train – from all stations take the Metrolink; By Bus – check bus routes and timetables with GMPTE; By Waxi – watertaxi timetable
- This is a free exhibition
- Further information 0843 208 6000