RPS International Photography Exhibition 160
17 March – 14 April 2018
The International Photography Exhibition is the world’s longest running exhibition of its kind, having been held almost every year since The Society was founded in 1853.
100 images have been selected from an open submission by an all-female judging panel of Curators, Photographers and Gallerists: Karin Bareman, Zelda Cheatle, Sian Davey, Ingrid Pollard and Abbie Trayler-Smith.
The prize winners are:
- Margaret Mitchell (UK) Gold Award
- Owen Harvey (UK) Gold Under 30s Award
- R. J. Kern (USA) Silver
- Wes Bell (Canada) Bronze
The Chapel Gallery is West Lancashire Borough Council’s public arts facility. Its diverse programme includes internationally regarded artists, such as David Hockney and Peter Blake, while bringing innovative contemporary art and craft from across the UK to the region, and supporting local artists in the development of their careers.
Caption: Outdoor Swimmers by Henry Iddon
- Opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10.00 am – 16.30 pm; closed Monday, Sunday & all Bank Holidays
- Free admission
- Location Chapel Gallery, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 4QR.
- Getting there: By Train: to Ormskirk – head towards Ormskirk Bus Station, cross on to St. Helen’s Road at the cycle shop and follow to old chapel (approx. 5 mins); By Bus: to Ormskirk – cross on to St. Helen’s Road at the cycle shop and follow to old chapel (approx. 2 mins); By Car – click here for directions
- Further information Tel: 01695 571328