Kicking Off: Women’s Football in Preston
9 December 2017 – Summer 2018
A hundred years ago Preston’s Dick, Kerr Ladies ran out onto the pitch at Deepdale for the first time and impressed a crowd of 10,000 spectators with their skill.
They secured a 4-0 victory over the team from Arundel Coulthard & Co – a win that marked the start of their amazing journey to becoming world champions. The Discover Preston Gallery offerts a display celebrating the Dick, Kerr Ladies success, where you can find out more about their individual stories and take a look at the women’s game in Preston today.
Caption: The Dick, Kerr Ladies, 1917 Courtesy of Gail Newsham
- Opening hours Monday – Saturday 10.00am – 5.00pm – except Tuesday 11.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Location: Market Square, Preston, Lancashire PR1 2PP
- The museum is a short walk from Preston bus and train stations
- Contact Tel 01772 258248. Email: email@example.com
- Admission is free