Visit to the Grand Theatre, Blackpool
Tuesday 19 November 2019
The Grand Theatre, Blackpool is celebrating its 125th year and following our September lecture Frank Matcham’s Masterpieces: Theatre Design & Architecture in Britain, we have arranged a visit to this cultural gem. Members will enjoy displays, talks and tours, and hear about the past, present and future of the Theatre and its breadth of its work.
- 10.00 am: Arrival and coffee in The Space (enter via Matcham Court)
- 10.30 am: Looking back – Linda Tolson speaks about the Theatre Timeline
- 11.15 am: Tours of the Theatre and a chance to browse the displays in the auditorium. Please note tours will be in groups of about 15 people; also please note that back stage tours involve a number of flights of stairs
- 12.45: Buffet lunch
- 2.00 pm: Lecture on Frank Matcham and the Grand Theatre
- 3.00 pm: Tea
- 3.15 pm: Theatre Chief Executive Ruth Eastwood will speak about the future of the Theatre and about its work with young people
Cost is £30 per person, which includes refreshments and a buffet lunch. Please note that no travel arrangements are included.
Further information and a booking form can be downloaded here.
Caption: The Grand Theatre, Blackpool by Tony Hisgett – Flickr