What I Love About Blackpool: Calendar Art Competition
Blackpool Civic Trust is holding an art competition open to any non -professional artists, schools, colleges and youth groups with an aim to producing a calendar for 2020. The Trust has also booked exhibition space at the Solaris, South Shore, for the whole of July where the shortlisted artworks will go on display, and the final 13 winners will each receive their artwork framed as their prize. Entries need to be in no later that 31 May 2019.
- The aim is to show a positive side to Blackpool. “What I love” could be anything from a local street or park, to a hobby, school, local attraction, something which would make an interesting picture
- All work to be completed in 2-D of any medium ie, paint, pencil, pastel, digital photograph of artwork or digital original, no larger than A3 and to depict either a month of the year or an idea for a front cover. We would require being informed which months have been chosen so that there are not too many of any one
- We are looking to include works from infants, juniors, high schools, colleges, art societies, mental health groups, people with learning difficulties, amateur artists and youth groups. Each organisation can then make their own selections from the entries to put forward to the competition and these will go on display at the Solaris, where the winners will be chosen and announced in the first week of July
- We hope you would like to enter our competition and we will be happy to come and visit your organisation and speak to the participants
- Entry form scan be downloaded here. For further information please please e-mail email@example.com
Caption: Part of the ceiling in the Tower Ballroom, Blackpool